Mac keyboards have special features that will sometimes block your ability to type in MMS. In order to use MMS inside VMware we need to make a simple adjustment to the keyboard's behavior.
- By default, pressing one of these keys performs the special feature indicated by the icon printed on the key. For example, pressing the keys with speaker icons adjusts the volume.
- If you want to use one of these keys as a standard function key, hold the Fn key (usually in the lower-left corner of the keyboard) while pressing the function key. For example, pressing Fn-F10 (speaker icon) performs the function assigned to the F10 key instead of toggling mute on or off.
If you prefer the top row of keys to always behave as standard function keys without holding the Fn key:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Click Keyboard.
- Click the Keyboard tab if it's not already highlighted.
- Select "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys"
With this option enabled, the keys on the top row act as standard function keys (F1–F12). This should allow you to freely type in MMS.