Where did that call go? Why is it saying I need to download the plugin, again?! In order for the help desk to offer you the best possible resolution, we'll ask you a series of questions regarding the nature of your issue. If we are still unsure, or we know we need some internal information to help resolve an outage, we will likely ask you to "pull a log" from your desktop.
Bright Pattern is constantly building these logs. Every call interaction is stored right there on your PC, helping us figure out what happened and what we can do to get you back in action. We cannot fully resolve an outage without knowing what caused it. This is where your help makes all the difference.
The quickest way to access the log will be right there in the Agent Desktop. Please follow the screen shots below to access your Bright Pattern log.
1. Locate the gear icon in between the help, and log out button.
2. Click on the Gear icon and select "About" from the drop down menu.
3. Once the window pops up in the middle of your screen there is a small link for "Log Files", you will need to click this link. Please also take note of which SIP server and Agent Server you are connected to and include this information with your ticket.
4. You will now see a flashing file folder in your Windows system tray right there at the bottom, you will need to click on that to open it.
5. This will bring up your agent desktop helper logs and bpclient logs. Right click on either Agent Desktop Helper log or Bphone or Bpclient log (whichever tech has requested) and select to open with Notepad. Once it opens in Notepad, please click on "File" and "Save As" save this file on your desktop for easy location.
Now you may either open a ticket, or reply to your ticket and attach this file.
If you have any questions regarding this article, or want to know other ways to attach this document to your email please reach out. I promise you as always we are here to help.